What We Believe
- Best Men teaches adolescent boys to reject violence, drugs, alcohol use, and sexual activity.
- Best Men students make changes within themselves and grow through their efforts and determination to become men worthy of respect.
- Best Men students take responsibility for their decisions and make positive choices.
- Best Men students mature through teamwork and cooperation.
- Best Men students recognize that being yourself is crucial to building honest relationships with their peers.
The Best Men provides a character building curriculum to boys during the school day that teaches them respect for others and the impor-tance of positive choices on their futures. They learn why drinking alcohol can be dangerous, how illegal drugs can lead to disaster, and how to build safer schools and neighborhoods by saying no to gangs and the violence they promote.
Each component of the program is designed to equip students with the tools they need to recognize and reject risk behaviors while developing the qualities they need to become men worthy of respect.